Friday, December 22, 2006



Hi there, everyone! I just got word that the list of my favorite albums for the year of 2006 have been published at http://www.imhotep.fi/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2674&Itemid=76&lang=en

My top choice for this year was Venturia's "The new kingdom", which is a masterpiece of metal/pop/progressive/pure genius/great art, etc. Mmany years in the making and a damn fine, fine crafted jewel.

I feel particularly proud about this record because I was the one who had the honor of hooking the band up with great singer Marc Ferreira, who fronts the band. The picture was taken at the band's first show, last Dec.1st, in Switzerland. They shot the gig for a TV broadcast (next March) and (hopefully) a DVD to come! It was strange seeing the bass player and keyboardist all dressed in white. I couldn't recognize them at all, since I have played over 100 shows with both of them and have never seen them wear anything but BLACK, loool

This is my hats off to the my French brother Shredding Charly Sahona (sounds like a bluesman name, something like Blind Lemon Jefferson) and his band. Great people, great musicians and here's wishing that you have all the luck in the world following "The New Kingdom" in 2007. May you be surrounded by light, inspiration and passion!!!

Bises a vous, mes amis!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home